14 June 2017
(Pictured above is the Old Coast Road, the venue for the time trial)
If you love getting out for a spin and want to experience grassroots racing with the beautiful backdrop of Tasmania’s North West scenery then enter yourself in the Australian Masters Games.
The 16th edition of the Games, that runs from 21-28 October 2017, will feature road cycling and mountain biking events perfect for those wanting to test their form for their first race.
Below are five good reasons to sign up for the Games as a first-time racer:
1. Tasmania’s amazing scenery on and off the course should just about seal the deal for anyone who enjoys a ride on their bike. The views you will see in the time trial which goes along Old Coast Road will be simply amazing, as will the spectacular course for mountain biking, which even has a private event in the picturesque seaside town of Penguin.
2. This is your chance to put all those morning rides on the same old loops to good use and have a ride in a race at a major cycling event, maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's not often that Tasmania's North West hosts a major cycling event.
3. It is an event for cyclists of all abilities, offering something for those who lead their local peloton loop on Sunday morning and also those who will be clipping in for their first race.
4. You’re on your bike in a beautiful place. Once in Tasmania’s North West everyone with a bike has an advantage and will be able to roam the region and experience what it has to offer on their own accord.
5. Take part in a fun multi-sport festival – the week-long Games not only includes competition in sport, but also a host of uniquely Tasmanian social events that participants will experience in the region with the locals every day.
Last call! With only one month until the 16th Australian Masters Games begin, entries close for most sports tomorrow night (Friday, 22 September) at 11:59pm.
We've partnered with the app What's On In to help participants find out about all the social events happening before, during and after the Games in Tasmania's North West.
Time to stop thinking about it, and just do it! Entries for the 16th Australian Masters Games close for most sports in just one week on Friday, 22 September.